Firm fined after posing electricity threat to workersRSS Feed
Several workers came perilously close to a potentially fatal accident at work when a Tyneside firm failed to protect them from an electrical system.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found Coolcheck Refrigeration left the system at a business premises in Bishop Auckland in a risky state.
It made no effort to ensure various parts were out of reach to workers at the site following its work to disconnect the refrigeration device.
HSE inspector Keith Partington said: "The electrical supply to the cable was 240 volts and was capable of causing electric shock or electrocution. After any work ... it should be left in a condition which prevents danger."
Coolcheck Refrigeration was fined £7,000 after pleading guilty to breaching Regulation 4(3) of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
Its failure to protect the electrics effectively could act as a warning to other firms hoping to prevent dangerous accidents at work in the future.
Posted by T B Walters
Accident claims advice from Serious LawBack to Accident claim news news