Accident at work sees man lose the top of his fingerRSS Feed
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has fined a Cardiff company after an accident at work led to a worker losing the tip of his finger.
MIB Manufacturing was found to have failed to ensure its employees were protected from dangerous parts of machinery following an investigation.
Vaughan Thomas was drilling holes into steel frames when his glove became entangled in the drill bit and the incident led to the loss of the top of his ring finger down to the first knuckle.
"Employers should ensure that machinery is suitably and sufficiently assessed. This includes taking into account relevant guidance and standards so that all necessary guarding and other risk reduction measures are in place," HSE inspector Hugh Emment said.
The news comes after Scott Timber Limited was fined by the HSE after an inadequately trained employee lost his finger while operating a circular saw that had a faulty top guard.
Serious Law, accident claim solicitors
Posted by T B WaltersBack to Accident claim news news